All tech issues are to be reported to school secretary and they will input the issues into the mytechdesk.org website. When the school site tech is at the school for his/her weekly shift, they will check-in with the secretary for the priority of the tech issue tickets entered into mytechdesk.org.
The only exceptions are:
1) “Forgot my password” requests these can be emailed directly to the corresponding site tech, see list below.
2) “Unblock a website” requests require the principal to send an email approving the unblock to the school site tech and Director of Technology
The teacher can fill out the official form MHUSD has for unblocking websites, which contains principal signature. The first option is preferred.
Below are examples of what the techs will/will not need when working on an issues with a computer:
Things the techs do not need the teacher’s computer for:
1) Password reset
2) Opening up of blocked websites via our web filter.
Things the techs do not need the teacher there to do, but will need their computer:
1) Make the staff an local administrator on the computer as a program may need admin privileges to run correctly. (mainly an XP issue)
2) Install or update drivers and programs.
3) Install a directly connected printer (USB, Serial, or Parallel)
4) Repair a hardware problem.
5) Repair an OS issue like the computer not booting up.
6) Repair an AD certificate issue/ trust issue that is not letting anyone log into the computer from the domain.
Things that the techs will need the teacher’s login to do:
1) Install a network or wirelessly connected printer.
2) Configure programs.
3) Repair of any web base program like eschool or webmail. May not need to login for the repair itself depending upon what is going on with the computer, but do need it to verify the fix worked for the user.
4) Configure the computer to attach to the wireless network.
5) Configure the smart board as needed.
6) Verify that any fix that was done works as expected under the teachers/staff login.
7) Fix any MS office issue that customer is having.
8) Fix and verify any login issue.
9) Repair of a user profile on the computer.
10) Map any network drives that are requested.
|If you are having any issues with eSchool, please email your site’s corresponding contact person with your concern. Be sure to CC the other contact person to ensure your message will be received. (For example: If your contact person is Sudha, email her and CC Josie on the message as well and vice versa.)
NOTE: This password is for your district computer, e-School account, webmail account and cell phone mail app for district email.
For all other password issues contact your corresponding local school site tech.
Kevin Nguyen: email@example.com
· Live Oak, SMG, Murphy, El Toro
Joseph Garcia: firstname.lastname@example.org
· Sobrato, Nordstrom, Britton, Adult Ed, Los Paseos, Central
Vincent Jiang: email@example.com
· Walsh, JAMM, Barrett, Sobrato (Tuesday Afternoon), Paradise
Dennis Anderson: firstname.lastname@example.org
· District Office, Transportation, Warehouse
How to Avoid Weak Passwords
Password Best Practices
If the user is off-site, changing the password will affect login to the webmail and eSchool sites, but they will continue to use the old password to login on their laptop until it is reconnected to the district network.
The new format will be “lastnameFirstinitial@mhusd.org” (e.g. email@example.com). If there happens to be any duplicate email addresses, letters of the first name will be added to the first initial until the email addresses are no longer a duplicate.
e.g. webbg – Glen and Gail Webb would cause a duplicate
Please remember to update your email address with any external organizations, students, parents, etc… that still have your old mhu.k12.ca.us address. Your old email will continue to work for a limited time to help with the transition process, but we will be disabling them in 3 months. You will still have all your previous emails that were sent to the old address, contacts, etc.
|If a student forgets their MHUSD Gmail password, the site staff is to email their local site tech the following information:Student ID, Student First Name, Student Last Name
The site tech will set a default password which the student must change after the initial log in.
Copyright © 2019 | Morgan Hill Unified School District