Support Staff Fax: (408) 201-6067 or X51067
|As we approach the end of the school year, there are several important cut-off dates that need to be adhered to in order to insure prompt and timely payments and expedite processing. Please click here to see the 2016-17 Year-end Closing Deadlines..|
|The Administrator Schedule is to be completed by all administrators prior to the start of the new school year. The cumulative total of days worked at the end of each month and the final total for June should be the same as the days of duty required for your position as indicated on the administrators salary schedule. We’ve linked an electronic copy of this form; please contact the Allison Murray at X51052 if you have any questions.|
|Associated Student Body Workshop presented by FCMAT (Fiscal Crisis and Management Assistance Team)|
|Procedures for Administrator Attendance and Classified Absence Reporting
All employees must turn in an Attendance Report (Administrator) or Absence Report (Classified) each month. All reports are to be signed (in blue ink) and the hours must be reviewed and approved by the Employee’s Principal/Supervisor. Reports may be delivered by either the Principal/Supervisor or Secretary on the date that they are due. All forms can be found at the district’s staff website: http://staff.mhusd.org/staff-intranet/business-services/forms/
· Administrator Attendance Report: All Administrators, Supervisors, Executive Secretaries and other confidential employees must complete this form. It must be completed in full, including all weekend days and holidays and it is due the LAST BUSINESS DAY OF THE MONTH.
· Classified Absence Report: All full time Classified employees must complete this form. It is must be completed in full and is due the LAST BUSINESS DAY OF THE MONTH.
Procedures for Payroll Time Sheet Submission
All time sheets are to be signed (in blue ink) and hours reviewed/approved by the Principal/Supervisor and delivered by either the Principal/Supervisor or Secretary by 12:00 P.M. on the date that they are due with correct budget number(s). The Payroll Department cannot pay on time sheets that are not original or photo-copied. All forms can be found at the district’s staff website: http://staff.mhusd.org/staff-intranet/business-services/forms/
· Certificated Regular Employees: Extra and overtime hours are due on the LAST DAY OF EACH MONTH. If the last day falls on a weekend or a holiday, time sheets are to be submitted on the working day before. Print this form on YELLOW paper.
· Certificated Substitute Employees: Time sheets are due on the LAST DAY OF THE MONTH. If the last day falls on a weekend or a holiday, time sheets are to be submitted the working day before. Print this form on GREEN paper.
· Classified Regular Employees: Extra and overtime hours are due on the LAST DAY OF THE MONTH. If the last day falls on a weekend or a holiday, time sheets are to be submitted the working day before. Print this form on BLUE paper.
· Classified Substitute Employees: Time sheets are due on the LAST DAY OF EACH MONTH. If the the last day falls on a weekend or a holiday, time sheets are to be submitted the working day before. Print this form on PINK paper.
For assistance, please contact the Payroll Department
Certificated Employees: Danielle Nunes 408-201-6063
Classified Employees: Michele Thomsen 408-201-6062
|Morgan Hill Unified School District provides its permanent employees with certain rights or privileges considered to be fringe benefits (sick leave, vacation, paid holidays, comp time, etc.) Temporary / substitute employees are not considered to be permanent employees. They are not in a collective bargaining unit and do not enjoy any of the contract rights granted to unit employees. Consequently, they are not eligible to receive what are considered to be district fringe benefits. Therefore, temporary / substitute employees are not paid a special premium for work performed on a holiday, Saturday or Sunday other than the overtime premium for work performed in excess of eight hours in a workday or 40 hours in a workweek.|
|An efficient purchasing procedure calls for issuance of a purchase order for all purchases or contracts entered into by the district. A requisition, along with any necessary attachments, is submitted to Purchasing for approval and a Purchase Order is created. The only exceptions to issuing a purchase order would be mileage and a few acceptable reimbursements.
Acceptable Direct Reimbursements
|Please use the following steps when you need to return an order to a vendor. Please contact the Warehouse, 201-6365 or the Purchasing Agent, Dianne Dalton at 201-6056, with any questions.
|The purpose of a Petty Cash fund is to have cash available in the office of the principal or other administrative officer to be used for reimbursement of “emergency” expenses. Such charges include postage due or other unforeseen expenses. Emergency expenses are those that cannot be processed in the usual manner of creating a Purchase Order Requisition. Petty Cash is NOT to be used for purchasing food of any sort. Receipts with food items will not be reimbursed.Site or district funds may not be used for items purchased as incentives for staff or parent volunteers. They are also not to be used as a form of payment for anyone or any service. For example, gift cards are not to be purchased with site or district funds. This is considered a gift of public funds. If you are unsure about a future purchase, please contact the Business office.Procedures
|The purpose of the Travel Reimbursement Claim Form is to assist employees in obtaining reimbursement for an approved trip, conference or meeting expense. The employee would prepare the request form for travel, conference and official meeting expense, prior to travel, for approval from site/Manager. Original receipts must be attached to the request. The site/department Manager will review and approve the request and attachments again after the travel is completed. The site will then send the original request with all receipts to the Accounts Payable Department; keeping a copy of the request and receipts. Accounts Payable will verify codes, audit for accuracy and process for payment. The submission deadline for reimbursement is 20 days after travel, conference or meeting with original receipts.Expenses qualifying for Travel Reimbursement Claim Form for conferences are as follows:Attendance may be approved without reimbursement, with partial reimbursement, or with full reimbursement up to the following limits:
All expenditures shall be documented by receipts except fares on streetcars, buses, bridge tolls, etc.
A few other items to note:
Reimbursement for mileage, not pertaining to travel voucher mileage, needs to be submitted on a Mileage Claim Form.
|School sites must remember that there are limited options when charging Student Fees, and legal guidelines are in place regarding items for which fees can be charged. Before assessing or charging a fee or deposit of any kind, the district must ensure that it is legal.|
|A stores requisition is required whenever a site orders from the District Warehouse. The Warehouse carries various supplies; please view the catalog of warehouse supplies prior to sending in your order since we have scaled back on what is being offered. We encourage sites to order from our warehouse, if the items are available, before ordering form outside vendors. Warehouse orders are delivered to sites once a week. Please contact Matt Flores for additional information at X11508. Procedures for Processing Orders in QSS
Please contact the Warehouse (X11508) if you have any questions or need help.
|The Business Department has developed two new forms – the Budget Transfer Request and Expenditure Transfer Request forms. Please contact your Accounting Specialist for any assistance when completing the forms. These forms are also available in our “forms” list.Instructions on completing a Budget Transfer Request Form1. Requestor will complete the following:
b. Name of preparer
c. Date2. Input the budget string and dollar amount you wish to transfer funds from. Please give a brief description for the purpose of the transfer.3. Input the budget string and dollar amount you wish the funds to be transfer to.
Note: The total dollar amounts in the “Transfer From” and “Transfer To” section must match.4. Input the current budget balance.5. Obtain a site or department administrator’s signature.6. Submit your completed form to the Business Department for processing.Instructions on completing an Expenditure Transfer Request Form1. Requestor will complete the following:
b. Name of preparer
c. Date2. Select the type of expenditure transfer you wish to have performed.3. Input the budget string and dollar amount you wish to transfer funds from. Please give a brief description for the purpose of the transfer.4. Input the budget string and dollar amount you wish the funds to be transfer to.
Note: The total dollar amounts in the “Transfer From” and “Transfer To” section must match.5. Obtain a site or department administrator’s signature.6. Submit your completed form to the Business Department for processing.
|Purchase Order procedure flow chart for all school sites and departments.|
|Whenever possible, procurement of District related goods and services should be made by using the Purchase Order system. However, there are occasions when materials are needed immediately or on a time-sensitive basis.These expenses can be originally paid out-of-pocket by the employee and then reimbursed by the district. A Personal Non-Travel Reimbursement Claim Form should be submitted to request a reimbursement for the purchase.1. All purchases must be pre-approved by your budget administrator/supervisor. Failure to secure a pre-approval for your purchase may result in a denial of your reimbursement.
2. All reimbursable purchases must have a detailed original receipt that does not include any personal purchases.
3. All non-travel reimbursement requests must be submitted within 20 days of the purchase. If you are purchasing frequently throughout the month. The reimbursement should be submitted within 20 days of the last day of the month.
4. All non-travel reimbursement requests and receipts must be signed off as “OK to Pay” by the budget administrator.Non-Travel Reimbursement Claim Form InstructionsGeneral Information
1. Enter Employee Information
a. Name, Address, City, State, Zip
2. Enter the Budget Account Number(s)3. Enter the Purchase Order number associated with the purchase. (if applicable)Individual Line Entry
1. Enter the date of the purchase
2. Enter the Name of the Vendor associated with the purchase
3. List the Items purchased
4. Enter the Purpose of the Expense
5. Enter the Amount paid for the purchase.
|ESS Registration Quick Guide|
Copyright © 2017 | Morgan Hill Unified School District